cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
29hillmore
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Redirect to BT Wholesale Service Information Page ( 62.6.38.125/index.html )

Go to solution

Morning all,

Bit of an issue here. I am redirected to 62.6.38.125/index.html on every browser and device connected to my BT Home Hub. I've included the text from said page at the foot of this email. Phoned the helpdesk who are sending an engineer in a few days, but they really didn't seem to have any idea about the issue - I am not confident whatsoever of a fix and I need a connection for home working in the mean time.

Does anyone have experience of this? After some googling I'm still struggling to find a common resolution.

SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.

1. Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
    Or
  2. You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
    Or
  3. You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
    Or
  4. You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
    Or
  5. The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Redirect to BT Wholesale Service Information Page ( 62.6.38.125/index.html )

Go to solution
Usually a problem with the Wholesale network and they way your circuit has been built. Is this a new connection or has it just randomly happened?

This doesn't need an engineer, it needs to be sorted remotely by BT wholesale.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
29hillmore
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Re: Redirect to BT Wholesale Service Information Page ( 62.6.38.125/index.html )

Go to solution

Line was set up in March and has been fine, so it's completely out of the blue. No account changes or upgrades etc.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
Strange. It's definitely a BT Wholesale problem. They will likely need to rebuild or reset your circuit on the RAS.

Cancel the engineer, it's a waste of both their, and your time. Get back on to technical help and explain it's a BT Wholesale issue.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
29hillmore
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Argh - this is going to be a nightmare isn't it. 

Technical help are nice enough but I don't particularly trust them to successfully pass over the issue to another subsiduary. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

try a factory reset of hub using the recessed button on back and hold till lights flash  if that does not solve problem then post back and we can get mod help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
29hillmore
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Tried it pal - did that last night and again this morning. Also physically disconnected all of the kit and left it for over an hour before starting it up again, with no joy :(.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

the mods will help and post contact us link here  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 1/2 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
29hillmore
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Okay thanks, I await the Mods response.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @29hillmore,

With this sort of problem we'll need to contact BT Wholesale for you. You can reach us by clicking on contact the mods. You'll find that by clicking on my profile DanielS and looking in the about section.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings