Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Reduce throttling please...

Helloooo

It's currently gone 11pm and i'm averaging around 5kbs on a 80mb connection via a p2p client.

Been downloading a file for well over a hour now and only managed to download  around 26mb out of a 8gb file.

Please can you atleast change the throttling times? maybe make it 7pm till midnght? on a capped speed of 1mbs?

Weekends is terrible too, 9 till midnight? Seriously?! who is going to be online at gone midnight downloading? Am I suppose to just leave my laptop on over night? My laptop is knackered already has it is from leaving it on 12+ hours a day.

Please consider altering the thottling times - i'm not asking for much, 500kbs would do. 5kbs is O.T.T

Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reduce throttling please...

Hi throttling of p2p protocols are shown in BT's terms and conditions and end at midnight as you well know you have from midnight until 1700 Monday to Friday and midnight till 0900 weekends you only havea limited period of throttling which I amsure you can arrange your downloading during the un throttled time
0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

No worries,

I don't suppose you could tell me why my infinity speed has dropped from around 78mb to 20-30mbs?

I connect via ethernet and normally I can get atleast 75mbs, now i'm averaging the mid 20's.

Also the BT speed test never seems to work for me -  even though i've had fibre for nearly a month. It just gives me a "test error" message or something along the lines of "fibre is not at ths household".

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

speedtest.jpgyou need to use the adsl/fibre diagnostics tab on the speedtester and not the fibre one as that is only for fibre to home not fibre to cabinet which you have without the speedtest results there is no way to tell why your speed has dropped it could be a reduced IP Profile causing your problem but without the speedtest we cannot tell

0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

"

null

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

just try later
0 Ratings