cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Reduced speeds by switching ISP from Plusnet to BT

It's come to my attention that Plusnet offered me better speeds on their upto 76mb fibre package compared to the same package that BT offer known as Infinity 2.

In August 2013 when I was with Plusnet I got speeds of upto 71mb but the following months after when I joined BT infinity 2 I got speeds of only 53mb.

Now I only get speeds of 55mb but why can't my line achieve 71mb like when I had Plusnet.  It's the same line and same equipment (apart from Bt hub 5, I used the OR modem and BT hub 4 at the time).

According to my SamKnows reporting suite this is what it tells me.  The same for upload speed I used to get 17mb now I can hardly achieve 13mb.

Why has my speed dropped significantly? BT offered FTTC before Plusnet so I thought they would be the same or better speeds than Plusnet, but no it's lower.

My IP profile on BT whole sale tester whows 56mb down and 20mb up.

If BT can update my profile to the maximum speed of 76mb that would be great.  Because surely my line can handle it, if it could handle Plusnet's faster speeds.

Not a happy BT customer here because of speed 18mb download speed difference.  Also my ping with plusnet was 15ms with BT its 30ms.

Please sort it, thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reduced speeds by switching ISP from Plusnet to BT

What does it say your speeds should be HERE?

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Again Plusnet speeds. Screenshot attached.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

You should remove your phone number from the screenshot, this is a public forum and you could end up with unsolicited phone calls.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

gg's right, but you can only amend a post for up to an hour. If you're concerned, click on your username > View Images > Image Options > remove it. Then doctor the screenshot and repost.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Here is the edited version of the screenshot..

Sorry, i've been off for a while due to Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 2.58.15 PM.pngfamily issues

0 Ratings