Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Reducing connection speeds

Hello,

I have had Infinity 1 for some time now (signed up for Infinity 2 then found max speed avail 32 MB but thats another story). Supplied with  Home Hub 5 and connected at 31105 and 4715 on 12/3/16. Fine.

Since then the connection speeds have been declining steadily, 30.7 and 4.4 on the 7/5/16. 30.2 and 3.9 on the 17/6/16.

Then 29.9 and 3.9 on 16/7/16.

So I decided to get the Smart hub and hope the problem is solved..............er no.

First connection a couple of days ago shows 26.6 and 3.9. disconnecting and reconnecting gives the same.

How slow can it get and why is it slowing down?

All data from relavent hub. ADSL availability for my line is 32MB.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reducing connection speeds

Can you run your number on this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot of the results please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. Max speed to expect is 32. Thats what I was gettig at the start.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number by Cabinet 3

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)32.4256.54.5--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)24.612.64.41.2--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17.5--15.5 to 19Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17.5Up to 1.515.5 to 19Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available----
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

You're above the minimim expected downstream sync speed of 25meg.

Some have experienced worse connection rates with the smart hub. I'd be tempted to go back to the hub 5 as with 29.9meg, you're almost at the top end of what's expected on your line.

I'd return the smart hub and request a refund as it's not fit for purpose in your case.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for that webby, so much for the improved, all singing dancing smart hub. I dont get new things to go backwards!

BT still try and advertise an upgrade for me to 76 Meg which I know is impossible. Im sure they will sell it to me as well, assuming ignorance.

Back to the HH5 then!

Cheers!!

Super

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It's just that some chipsets work better or worse on some lines, not that one is universally better or worse than the other.