Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
King312
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Refund Connection Charge?

Go to solution

Hello, 

I have been a customer for less than a week, I am upset instead of the £150 mastercard and free speed giveaway (to 76mb from 52mb) advertised when I signed up has changed to no speed upgrade and the mastercard is not £125. 

I notice that I have been charged a conection fee but this is now £0 for new customers. Do I need to cancel with my 14 days and rejoin or should I approach (with hesitation) BT Customer services and ask for a connection charge refund 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Refund Connection Charge?

Go to solution
offers change constantly cancellation will be very expensive
some you win some you lose
0 Ratings
King312
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, I am not happy with that, I should get the package I signed up to otherwise it is mis-selling and against uk law. 

I was was hesitant joining given by notorious reputation, I took screenshot of the offer page and each step of signing up just in case I needed to take a complaint to ofcom .

0 Ratings
King312
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Cancellations can be costly which is why if Ian going to cancel have to do it within 14 days to avoid charges

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
You will get what was on offer when you signed up, not what was on offer when your service went live.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
King312
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

That's what I thought as a new customer - I was expecting £50 cashback, £150 mastercard and line speed upgrade 52 --> 76mb. Confirmed £125 mastercard only and that's it!

My package started 16 days after signing up and told customer services about 14 day cancellation period from service delivery after being advised the 14 day period is from order then pointed out they had changed the offer too so either honour the original offer or restart my 14 days (to cancel and rejoin). I am not going to argue over £25 and speed increase which will not make a difference (my line only supports 50-60mb) but if the offer can be changed then the activation fee and 14 days should also change, on principle.

The customer service person was actually quite nice (pleasantly surprised), whom spoke to the manager and had the activation fee cancelled and as a goodwill gesture they also refunded the delivery charge. Hopefully, touch wood, will not have any more issues and the contract will be plain sailing.

0 Ratings