cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Refund problem

Hi all

Basically im due a refund but the paper bill is in my brothers name yet the online section is in my name and i pay the bill (i did try changing this but was told bt would have to cancel my account and start again ).

Obviosly i wont be able to cash the cheque and my brother doesnt live in this country .. Is there anyway of getting the payment transferred onto my debit card i paid the last bill with ??

Im not just gonna let BT say its tuff cos ive paid all the bills and have the card transactions to prove it so worse case i'll file it in small claims court but so far no one at BT will help ...

All im asking is for the money back i paid 2 weeks ago on my visa ???

any help be great

thanks

adam

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Refund problem

Hi Adam, you could try Live chat here; http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums  its Mon-Fri 9-6, but you might have trouble not being the account holder, give it a try. 

If you cannot get anywhere with Live Chat,  If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. it can take up to 3 days.

They might be able to help.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi

thanks for the reply ... ive tried chat but no one will help ... all they say is im not going to be able to get my money .

i used the other link you provided ..

thanks again

adam

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

If this was a single transaction on your Credit card, you may be able to go to the card provider and ask for a dispute on that transaction. The card provider will refund it direct to your account, they will also inform BT of this dispute.

May be worth informing BT before hand if they have already issued a cheque.

The above is only really valid for a credit card, not a debit card as you 1st mentioned. But as you also mentioned Visa I thought it was worth posting 🙂

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

thanks for the reply ...

i basically moved my line to my b.b provider and paid my last bt bill in full .. Now im due a refund and whereas i understand BT saying the account is in my brothers name (online section in my name ) so i cant cash the refund due . I tried to explain that if they check the last billing and all previous via the bt site that its my card and name thats made the payments and could they not just send the refund via my card used.. hopefully mods can help as the live chat agent just said its tuff basically

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6
Moved:

0 Ratings