Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Refunds after fault fixed?

Go to solution

Hi,

My phone line was faulty on Boxing Day but fortunately i was able to get online still and find the number to call to report the fault.  Of course being christmas and there being lots of weekends, I was told an engineer wouldn't be able to look at it until 4th January. meanwhile my landline calls were diverted to my mobile phone. But I do not have a contract on my mobile phone so all outgoing calls were costing me money.

I kept an eye on the fault via the web and the date of repair was slated for 4th January 17:00. But looking at the record today, the engineer didn't start work on the problem till yesterday (Saturday) but it is now fixed as of about 1 hour ago.

So I am wondering if I am entitled to claim any refund on my line rental, which i pay in advance, also my BT Anytime, plus having to put up to £30 on my mobile phone?  Is it worth making a claim?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Refunds after fault fixed?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I have seen that page but it still isn't clear whether I qualify for a refund. I had a fault in 2014 for a much longer time period but BT weren't very forthcoming or generous in their refunds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

As a residential customer, there is very little compensation. You shoul be able to get line rental refund as described, and a payment to cover any mobile phone costs, which you have to claim for.

Business customers do better, as they can claim for loss of business.

0 Ratings