cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Releasing IP address

Go to solution

Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can make my Smart Hub release a previously used static IP address?

I had a device connected using a static IP address and have since replaced said device with an updated model. I do not have the "original" model any more (it broke, so threw it away). However, I cannot seem to assign the "new" device to the same IP address as the "original". I can assign a new, not proeviously used IP address but NOT the same one as I used previously. I want to use the same IP address to keep things neet within my network.

Really hoping the someone can help me out here.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Releasing IP address

Go to solution

Only by doing a factory reset of the home hub. Its not a static IP address, its simply a DHCP reservation, and that can only be cleared by a factory reset.

Static IP addresses can only be made on the device itself, not the home hub.

You can use any static IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.63.

Default gateway and DNS will have to be 192.168.1.254.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

OK Keith, thanks very much for the swift response. I did think of doing that, but didn't fancy setting everything up again. Oh well... technology! who needs it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Its a "feature" of all the home hubs, even on the original home hub 1. The reservations get stored in the user config file, and the only way to reset that file, is by a factory reset.

0 Ratings