Would you be prepared to provide full details on how you fixed the problem, and I will add it to forumhelp, as it may be useful to other people?
You can send the details to me by PM if you wish, and I will format it into a web page, and give you a link to the draft copy for you to check first?
Screenshots of the home hub port forwarding screens, and anything else that may be helpful.
If you can take some screenshots of your current home hub 5 port forwarding settings, showing the application name and the port numbers assigned to it.
Then the screen showing that application and the IP address you assigned to it, then that would be a start.
Any changes you had to make to the Salus unit as well.
If you look at one example submitted by a forum member, you will get the idea. This was for an IP camera.
The first two screens showing the port forwarding settings (I think the home hub 5 is the same as the 4), are usually the most helpful.
You never know, it might help you in future, should you have to replace the home hub, or lose the settings.
If you have problems with the size of the screen shots, then I can provide an email address where you can send them to (via PM of course)
There are a couple more examples at the end of this page as well. A very popular page this one is.
As Keith Beddoe suggested might be the case, my previous attempts failed to provide a permanent solution to this problem & the Salus controller would still, eventually, go “off line” loosing remote communication with the system until I could manually reset the Salus controller.
A “light bulb” moment idea has led to what appears to be a permanent, if somewhat “Heath Robinson”, fix. It occurred to me that I could “reset” the Salus controller automatically simply by plugging it into a manual electrical timer! I initially set the timer to provide just one power off/on sequence in a 24 hour period but this did catch me out on one occasion as it went off line in between resets & I had to wait until the next reset before I could gain remote access again. I have now changed this to provide three resets between 08:00 & 23:00 meaning the longest theoretical wait in the event of failure would be <5 hours; fitting more timer pegs would reduce this even further.
This “fix” has now been working successfully since I last posted mid January & cost me nothing as I already had several mechanical timers left over from a previous fish tank installation I had some years ago. Even so, mechanically operated timers only cost a few £’s & well worth the extra cost to eradicate this very frustrating problem.
I have been having similar issues with my Salus IT500, and after following the thread here I manage to finally make it work, so I thought I would share my experience.
Before, I had a router from my internet provider, in which I have connected my Salus IT500 gateway. The solution was to connect it to a better router, one with many possibilities of settings and routing rules. I left all settings on automatic, I did not need to add any port forwarding rules or anything else. Now the provider's router is just providing internet in my router's WAN port, and my router is providing Wifi and LAN connections.
2 days of testing and it did not disconnect once.
Hope it helps everybody 😉
All the best!