cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue3
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Removing router settings

Hi, I recently purchased the new smart hub as I thought it would extend my wifi. Didn't work for me so have returned it and plugged my hub 4 back in. My Apple devises work fine but my laptop keeps telling me I am using an insecure server and need to  check my dns settings. I have done and they are fine. I have done several live chats and have flushed the dns and reset the router but nothing has so far worked. BT say they can't help as the router is working. Can any one suggest how I completely remove the settings that the smart hub has installed ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Removing router settings

The smart hub won't have installed anything. What settings do you have for DNS on your laptop? Have you set them manually or obtain automatically on both wireless adapter and ethernet adapter? Do you get the same problem with a wired connection as a wireless connection? Are you sure your laptop isn't connecting to BT Wifi rather than your hub?

0 Ratings
Sue3
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Removing router settings

Hi I have checked the DNS settings they all say automatic. Yes it's the same when wired as wireless . No it says I am connected to my hub

0 Ratings