Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Renewal

Go to solution

Hi im wanting to renew my contract and when i look at the upgrades available to me via the exsisting customer/upgrade links on myBT it gives me a £20 discount and a 12 month contract and yet when i fill in the info it asks for it suddenly go's to a 18 month contract. is this a error and if so what is it suppost to be as you are advertiseing one term but signing us up to a differant one.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Renewal

Go to solution

You should contact the Options Team on 0800.800.030 and see what deals they will offer you.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Ring Customer Options  0800 800 030 to see what they can offer , they should beat the MyBT quotes.

Be prepared to haggle politely and freely quote what other ISPs are offering. Also be aware that you will get different quotes depending on the operative you speak so be prepared to reject what is offered and ring back another time until you hopefully get a satisfactory offer.

0 Ratings
HulkSmash
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I would disregard the advice to phone for better offers. They simply are not available to existing customers. I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to negotiate a deal and was politely told that I can cancel and then rejoin on the offer at the time.

My absolute best offer was £38.99 however new customers can get the same deal for £31.99 + £40 M&S Voucher + £120 Prepaid Mastercard.

So I had no alternative but to cancel. Now I need to wait 30 days to see who provides the best deal. It may not be BT.

Utter madness.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@HulkSmash wrote:

I would disregard the advice to phone for better offers. They simply are not available to existing customers. I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to negotiate a deal and was politely told that I can cancel and then rejoin on the offer at the time.

My absolute best offer was £38.99 however new customers can get the same deal for £31.99 + £40 M&S Voucher + £120 Prepaid Mastercard.

So I had no alternative but to cancel. Now I need to wait 30 days to see who provides the best deal. It may not be BT.

Utter madness.

The advice given is correct for existing customers. In this case the OP wanted to upgrade via MyBT as an existing customer which does have a tendency to be the most expensive way, hence the advice given.

You will never get as an existing customer what the new customers offers are in particular the card incentives. With Infinity it is always a struggle to get reasonably close to new customer deals , on ADSL you can get good deals eg £5 for the broadband element (back in June).

It is always your decision as to what premium you want to pay to stay as is knowing how your line is and whether the cabinet may be full on fibre.

0 Ratings
HulkSmash
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

"You will never get as an existing customer what the new customers offers"

Absolutely incorrect. I got a better deal than new customers on my last renewal. It seems the policy has changed at BT.
The guy sitting right opposite me has had the same experience.

As a guide when the new deals end you move on to the standard rate of £34.99! 

I wasn't after the card enticements. I just wanted the £31.99. BT were only able to offer £38.99. The guy to my left is pay £27 for the same package however he renewed 6 months ago.

"It is always your decision as to what premium you want to pay to stay as is knowing how your line is and whether the cabinet may be full on fibre."

The cabinet is not going to be full but you are correct, I chose to find better deals, whether or not that is with BT is a matter of cost at the time of renewal.

0 Ratings
HulkSmash
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

What's even more ridiculous is that there is an "upgrade" offer to 52mb broadband see below

£49.99
£34.99
/mth

includes line rental+ £9.99 Home Hub delivery charge12 month contract

How utterly stupid are BT?!?

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice all, going to wait a while as ive been told by one of the virgin media guys that are working on the rollout here that they expect to be coming down our road sometime in the next 6 months so will see what offers are around by then (no sign yet of any g.fast pods here in carlisle yet and im 95% sure my cab is full so dont want to be reklass)

0 Ratings