cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrawle
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Renewing Free Caller Display

If from my Calling Features page I choose "Renew your BT Privacy with caller display for a further 12 months", it says "A new 12 month line rental contract applies".

Does the 12 month contract start from today, or does it start from when my existing Free Caller Display ends? In other words, does it start a new 12 month contract now, or does it add 12 months to my existing contract?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Renewing Free Caller Display

It starts from now, when you renew your BT Privacy with caller display. If you like, you could wait until when your existing BT Privacy with caller display expires. It doesn't make much diff unless you are thinking of leaving BT landline in next 12 months as you are now tied in for that time.

Contributor
Message 3 of 5

It does make a big difference as they offered me a special package deal nearly 6 months ago with an 18 month contract. If I don't renew my caller display in the next couple of weeks, I'll have to do without it for 6 months once the 12 months expires. I don't want to be locked in to BT once the deal ends as I'm guessing they won't offer me a new "retention" deal if they know I'm already retained!

So please could anyone confirm for definite whether the caller display would reset to 12 months from the day I renew it on the website, rather than add 12 months on to my existing tie-in period?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Call the BT options team on 0800.800.030. They should be able to help.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@jrawle wrote:

So please could anyone confirm for definite whether the caller display would reset to 12 months from the day I renew it on the website, rather than add 12 months on to my existing tie-in period?

I thought I did!