cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Renewing

I spoke to BT today about Infinity, as my exchange has just been upgraded,  but as there were no offers for existing customers I decided not to upgrade from my ADLS broadband.  However, when I renewed last I felt that I got a reasonable deal, and when speaking to the BT advisor he said that when my contract ends I can sign for another 12 months on the same deal.  Can anyone confirm that contracts can be renewed on the same terms as the expiring contract.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Renewing

Yes they can. You need to contact the options team on 0800.800.030 to do that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

You contract will be renewed on whatever deals are available at time of renewal whether better or worse. You can use the option team who are UK based. 0800800030. Due to demand for infinity there is no deals like you get when renewing of adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

You contract will be renewed on whatever deals are available at time of renewal whether better or worse.

Sorry Guys, which is correct? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

It is down to your negotiating skills research the market first and use that information when negotiating
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 14

Or you might just strike lucky. When I renewed at the turn of the year I simply said I was calling to see what was available, and with no further ado was offered my existing package at a price lower than than what I was paying before the 2014 increase. Saw no reason to argue with that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

@new wrote:

You contract will be renewed on whatever deals are available at time of renewal whether better or worse.

Sorry Guys, which is correct? 

They are both correct.

When I renewed I got the same deal as I was already on. I was not offered it, I asked for it and after a bit of haggling I got it.

Peviously when renewing, after haggling I have had better deals than what I was all ready on. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

From personal experience, once a package has been declared obsolete, they will not offer it to anyone re-subscribing.  They will only offer the packages that are currently available.

That does not mean that you will have to pay the advertised price, though.  The price depends on how good your negotiating skills are, and ultimately how prepared you are to take your business elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

When BT upgrade a telephone exchange to Infinity do they usually mail shot the area, and if so do they offer discounts as an incentive to existing customers to switch over to infinity?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

@new wrote:

When BT upgrade a telephone exchange to Infinity do they usually mail shot the area, and if so do they offer discounts as an incentive to existing customers to switch over to infinity?

No mail shot here. I found out more or less by accident as it arrived many months before the projected date. They're unlikely to advertise incentives but you might be able to negotiate a decent deal when available by calling the Options Team on 0800 800 030.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings