cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greent
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Repairing fault - rubbish service

Since 31st Jan I've been trying to get my mother's (who is 79) phone line fixed.
In the last two weeks the engineers have missed 3 appointments, even the customer complaints person has failed to call back when they sent out a reminder to me

I just get the impression that BT is just not bothered - probably because my mother is a low user.

Seriously thinking of just getting her a mobile
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Repairing fault - rubbish service

It is Openreach who supply and maintain the network not BT all BT can do is make an appointment
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Does your mother qualify here. http://www.bt.com/includingyou/redesign2012/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Even although it is Openreach that maintain the phone lines it is up to your phone supplier, BT to have it repaired if there is a fault.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi Greent, 

That's not good. Send me in your mothers details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will chase this for you. 

Thanks,

OlgaC

0 Ratings