Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daidoc
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Repeated drops - PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Go to solution

Hi,

After over a year of stable service the last two weeks I have had repeated drops and resets of my BT Hub4

In the log at each reset it says (57427.030000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Can be 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 mins apart or can be up for 10 hours.

11:36:09, 01 Aug.(57505.160000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
11:36:09, 01 Aug.(57504.580000) DSL line rate: 320 Kbps upstream, 3064 Kbps downstream
11:34:55, 01 Aug.(57430.760000) DSL is down after 1 minutes uptime
11:34:55, 01 Aug.(57430.760000) ETHoA is down after 1 minutes uptime
11:34:55, 01 Aug.(57430.320000) PPPoA is down after 0 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN DSL -​ Up)]
11:34:51, 01 Aug.

(57427.030000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Noise levels look good and are / have been  consistent at that level for over a year.

No notiicable noise when I do a quiet line test.

Any ideas anyone?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
DavidM
Message 2 of 10

Re: Repeated drops - PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Go to solution

Hi @daidoc and thanks for posting.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you connected to the master socket or an extension? Do the hub lights change?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
daidoc
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi DavidM,

Great to hear from you again - it's been a long time - I hope you are well.

So it is a standalone master socket - only used for broadband - no phone attached at all, and no extentions.

I do not use any wireless so that is all disabled - just a single fixed line with static IP address.

At 9:50am this morning I did a factory reset on the HH4 to eliminate any possible config issue on the hub.   It has dropped/reset 14 times today since then.

Speed has now dropped to connect speed of 2.2Mb/s - previously was approx 3.7 or even higher.

Noise levels still static @

16:06:16, 03 Aug.( 91.800000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
16:06:10, 03 Aug.

( 85.920000) DSL line rate: 139 Kbps upstream, 2277 Kbps downstream

I am now thinking this is a line fault as I have tried everything else.  The only thing left to try is to swap over my two broadband routers (I have two lines into the house) as see if the fault follows the router or sticks on the line.  But I am pretty sure I know what the answer will be.

The copper line from my property to the connection point on the post about 100m away is relatively new (<2 yrs) and was the thicker 1mm copper, so I am thinking tree rub at this end is unlikely.

Only other thing I can think of is that we had a lightning storm here in July - and that could have blown the master socket itself.

What do you think?

DaiDoc

0 Ratings
daidoc
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Sorry - forgot to answer your other question- the hub lights go orange and take 30 seconds or so to return to blue
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @daidoc,

All well here thanks. You could be onto something re. line fault. I'll be able to check that for you. Drop me over an email with the details and we'll take it from there. You'll find the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
daidoc
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

This is still an on-going issue, unfortunately it is intermittent and appears weather related.

In the light storm yesterday the logs showed the line dropping about 10 times per 30 minute (unfortunately the log cannot record any more than that so I cant tell you per hour or per day - but it is a lot).

It has settled slightly this mroning but unfortunately the line is so slow it is now completely unusable.

I tried to raise an incident about this 2 days ago but have not heard anything, ([Incident:xxxxxxx-xxx064)

Moderators - Please help - as the only other course of action I have available is to battle with the India call centre script readers, and i would rather eat coal.

Thanks

JohnC2
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @daidoc I've checked and we have rec'd your form. Sorry but we haven't been in touch with you yet. Robbie is back in the office tomorrow and will update you then.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
daidoc
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Robbie - HELP! Please 🙂

0 Ratings
daidoc
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hello once again,

Unfortunately the next storm has arrived and the line fault has returned - broadband dropped to 100k - more resets than I can count.

Massive crackling on the line making even phone calls impossible.  

Moderators - Please help - Robbie was dealing with this and has all the history .

Thanks

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @daidoc

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband connection again.  Can you send us over your details and we'll pick this up again?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings