cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Repeated loss wifi connection, although network still 'appears' to be there

I have a home hub 2.0, over the last 2-3 months I need to reset the hub 4-6 times a day at least. Suddenly while using the wifi my device(s) disconnect despite the network still being visible. When I try to reconnect my PC, Mac, iPhone and ipad all tell me connection isn't possible. No warning lights on home hub. I have changed the channel once but this doesn't seem to have helped.
Also is it worth upgrading to the new home hub (no infinity in my area) even if I can sort this issue out, is it that much better? Thanks
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Repeated loss wifi connection, although network still 'appears' to be there

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. It can often help.

If you are willing to spend money you would be better spending your money on a third party router. You can get a decent one for not a lot of money and you will find it superior to the BT offerings.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Repeated loss wifi connection, although network still 'appears' to be there

there are known problems with the HH2  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/hh2/hh2_issues.html

you could try a factory reset using recessed button on back and holding till lights flash but if that does not solve it then phone CS and complain and ask for new hub  as long as still in contract then replacement should be free

multiple resets will cause your noise margin to increase with your conenction speed decreasing resulting in lower profile and lower download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.