cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jarvmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Replacing Home Hub, Keeping OpenReach Modem

I would like to swap out the HH3 for my Draytek 2820.

Yesterday I set it up, using it's WAN2 configuration.

When I finished setting it up when I opened any page I got this message, which was at address: http://62.6.38.125/index.html:

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.

1. The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. 
    Your service should be resumed soon.
    Or
  2. You are testing your local connection to BT using 
    'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
    Or
  3. You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
    Or
  4. Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
    Or
  5. You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.

So, I assume my Draytek is talking to the OpenReach modem, and I am being apssed through to the BT network, but I am authenticating incorrectly.

Can anyone guide me? On WAN2 I attempted to use PPPoE and entered my @btinternet.com username and password supplied when I started my order, with an MTU setting of 1400.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Replacing Home Hub, Keeping OpenReach Modem

The Draytek 2820 is an ADSL router so it won't work with Infinity. You need a cable router.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
ianm42
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

@Webby wrote:
The Draytek 2820 is an ADSL router so it won't work with Infinity. You need a cable router.

The Draytek 2820 is an ADSL and ethernet router with load balancing and works absolutely fine in Inifinity. We use both ADSL, via another ISP, and BT via Inifinity no problem. Traffic just shares the two connection.

0 Ratings
speedbird1973
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Works fine for me too. Although the doesn't give me the same speeds as the HH3.

1) Have you definitly connected the modem to WAN2?

2) Have you enabled WAN2 and made sure that WAN2 is online all the time and not just when ADSL isn't available?

3) Have you put the BT email login into the correct bit?

I don't have mine to hand at the moment. But it did work first time of asking and these were the only bits I checked.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

The username and password for the PPPOE settings are just a generic one, unless you are on business broadband.

0 Ratings
Jarvmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Cheers, got it working, using username homehub@.....

Webby, seriously, is there a way to give you a thumbs down? Only yesterday I was reading an irritating post where someone was disappointed that they didn't get the 10mb (or whatever) upload speed they had been predicted - and you told them that they didn't need it. Sometimes you might consider staying out of a thread.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

I made a mistake, get over it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 8 of 11

Hay Webby has been on BT Forums for a long time and it looks like you have not so shut up and stop thinking you own this webpage!
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Nothing wrong with  posting on every thread,.....but

That is a lot of posts in approx 7 months.
But I quess I don`t own this page either.:)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

There a problem with trying to help? I think you'll find with the number of solutions I've provided along with helpful answers my posts are worth posting.
0 Ratings