cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulinem55
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Reporting faults to BT

What is the point of reporting issues with BT email to BT. 

I reportrd an issue with the tab for the folder menu. I have quite a few folders and now when i click on the move to folder tab I cannot see the up and down arrows at the top and bottom of the list so I cannot scroll to the folder i want to file the email in. I sent a screen print to show what was happening when I sent an online fault report. I had a phone call and was asked to try a number of different browsers with the same result on the ones i was prepared to try. I said these are the main browsers so your software should work with them. I was told it would have to be reported to techncal department and some one would call me back the next day. 

i said I would not be available for two day and to ring me Wed, despite this no one took any notice and i had a I had phone call Mon and Tues by chance I was in to be able to take the call and I was told there was no screen print attached and no message to phone wed. i had to repreat all the information and they said they would look into it and get back to me.

I wrote out a concise account of the problem and attached another screen print and said I was away for the weekend and to phone monday once again they took no notice and I had phone calls over the weekend which I missed as I was away. I was then told on Monday that their conclusion was that my email was too long which was why I couldn't see the scroll bar when I pointed out that was not the problem i reported I was told that the text size was too large which is why i had to use the horizontal scroll bar to see the verical scroll bar. I again said this had nothing to do with the problem i had reported. I was then told that I had too many folders and to reduce the number i pointed out that this was ridiculous that if they had a decent scroll system on the right of the drop down list as per windows standards and all other email systems this would not be a problem and that no restriction on size of emails or number of fooders was indicated anywhere. I have over 40 years experience in the IT industry and I said what i was being told was nonsense and that they should forget the whole thing as they obviously don't want to fix problems or improve their email system.

I also reported a second irritating fault which is when reply boxes keep popping up unwanted when you are trying to reply to n email if you accidentally catch another key as you type. When you then try to close it you get a pop up bax asking if you want to save it if you reply no it puts the messsage into your trash folder as unrad and you have to go into the trash folderr to mark it as read. This is also an issue if you change your mind about replying to sender and ant to close that box and reply to all.  I was told this is the way the system works. 

So all i can conclude from this is  - you have to put up wiith all the bugs, faults, glitches and irritations because BT doesn't want to do anything about them and doesn't want to improve the email system.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reporting faults to BT

Welcome to the forum. Not sure that I've fully grasped your main issue as I don't use webmail, but does zooming out help?

In the long run, your email experience would be happier if you gave up webmail and used an email client such as Thunderbird. It's made for the job while webmail's a bodge.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I must admit I was somewhat surprised that somebody with 40 years IT experience would consider using webmail.

Paulinem55
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi It was not my choice it is a joint business email.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

You might do better on the BT Business Forum. The fact remains though that webmail is an economy seat, not business class.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.