cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Request an engineer please

For the last month, my connection has gone funny,it was ok before.

The white hg612 modem has been dropping connection a few times a day, sometimes 10 times an hour.

Ive had enough of this, makes streaming from netflix amazon impossible.

To top it all off im only getting about 12mb on infinity 1. (super fast it aint)

Its nothing to do with wi fi etc, tried wired , wireless, its the modem thats resyncing all the time not my old home hub 3. Been with bt years, renew every year and no new hub!!!!!

PLEASE HELP

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Request an engineer please

If you try quiet line test and see if any line noise. Dial 17070 option 2. Should be quiet and best with corded phone

if there is no noise then you need to phone customer services and if you think it is modem problem then get BT to send you a new hub probably a HH5 and modems are no longer supplied

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Well , people have been trying to ring our landline and it rings once there end, and not here, i think its all linked, poor broadband, loads of errors, disconections.

But cant say that we have line noise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

then you need to phone 151 and report a phone fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

so i ring 151, they say hang up to test the line, if it doesnt ring back, ring 151 and say check on a fault.

So i do that, and it says you need to hang up,  Just goes round in circles, what a terrible system, seems like they do everything for you not to speak to a human!!!

I HATE YOU BT!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Try the faults support team and see if they can help.

You can run a line test yourself, and report a fault online.

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2&s_cid=con_FURL_faults

Assuming that your phone calls are noisy, then you should be able to add that as a fault report, and request a visit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Engineer coming Monday 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

@marion good stuff, post back here to let us know how the engineer visit goes. 

0 Ratings