Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: Request for Help with BT Vision Box Problem

So without a booster it's on the low side

With a booster it's on the high side

Is your booster an adjustable one, if not could you try one and tweak it up and down till it's on 50/60%?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
smarticus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Hi Yes other TV is fine i assume the aerial is split as it feeds another room. (I should say this is not my house i'm trying to sort this out for a elderly relative. who would struggle with the jargon).Smiley Frustrated

But yes the problem with the btvision occurs when the other tv is not in use. its very random it can work for 3 hours or 3 days then suddenly go and then its reset time

Whats odd though, is its been fine since being installed in May could it be due to a software update? was there an update around xmas time?

regards

Smarticus

0 Ratings
smarticus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

i dont think booster is adjustable but has been working fine till a few months ago can a strong signal effect the btbox?

I should also say that this is located in birchington near Margate. when doing the retune or hard reset to get the channels back, it comes up with 2 choices of location east anglia or kent, we always choose kent.
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

Yes, having it too strong can affect it.

My BTV box (not BTYV) is currently set at 56dBuV strength with 100% quality.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 16

Interesting (postcode CT7 9RD is for Birchington on Sea railway station)

when looking at the available transmitter for Birchington  this choice appears  - you can get a more precise one if you submit your own postcode.

http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php?s=terrain&P=CT79RD

so the location appears to be one with several potential transmitters -- the question is perhaps how can we determine which one the Youview box is actually using and whether transmissions from others might be causing it to get confused (poor choice of words but I don't know the techinical terms)

0 Ratings
smarticus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Hi again, I get the same result, house is about half a mile away. I can confirm the aerial is pointing towards Dover. but agree it could be getting confused. Does anyone know if any of these transmitters are new additions? ie have become operational in the last few months.?
0 Ratings