cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamesstevens
Contributor
Message 41 of 64

Re: Request latency type changed to FAST

So the person helping has to refused to help any more and hasn't replied since. I've been doing some testing and I've got a different router and with that running the connection has been solid for coming up to 2 days now, I think the hub may have been faulty as when a test was ran which reset the BT hub the connection was fine and slow got worse and worse after so never showed a fault. Only think I've noticed is that the line attentuation is now 60db over the previous 50db but it may be fixed from a restart but don't want to do that as I'm letting stay stable for 3 days.

Do I setup a new thread and ask for my SNR to be put back to the default 6db and my latensy to fast and see how the connection goes or can I do it from this thread.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 64

just continue with this thread as it has all the posting history

just post stats from new router when you get 3+ days conenction time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 43 of 64

@Jamesstevens I've contacted your case handler and asked them to look at this again for you.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Jamesstevens
Contributor
Message 44 of 64

My Down line attenuation is quite high compared to previous 48-52db also when doing a bt whole sale speed test it keeps switching between my line being capable of 4mb and 7.5mb

router stats below

Upstream line rate (kbit/s)770
Downstream line rate (kbit/s)5166
Line standardADSL2+
Channel type
Interleaved 
Upstream SNR (dB)  5.6
Downstream SNR (dB)  6.3
Upstream line attenuation (dB)34.4
Downstream line attenuation (dB)60
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 64

the order to change latency may take a few days to process
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 64

Your noise margin now about normal 6db with connection speed of 5.1mb which is a great speed or your 60db attenuation

now To see if line stays stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jamesstevens
Contributor
Message 47 of 64

My line is normally 48-52db for attenuation so the 60db is a lot higher than it should be.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 64

are you connected to the test socket if not please connect there and repost your router stats
0 Ratings
Jamesstevens
Contributor
Message 49 of 64

Connect to the test socket

Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 759
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 4907
Line standard ADSL2+
Channel type Interleaved
Upstream SNR (dB) 5.9
Downstream SNR (dB) 7.8
Upstream line attenuation (dB) 34.5
Downstream line attenuation (dB) 60
0 Ratings
abhay24292
Beginner
Message 50 of 64

The SNR seems okay but as Interleaving is enabled on the line, it indicates that the DLM sensed a need to stabilize the line as it may have detected some drops or errors. Unfortunately BT's DLM system will take a long time to disable it even if the line has completely stabilized. As far as i remember the line has to show no drops for 21 days then it might disable it.
Now for your original query about having a Open NAT type on Xbox all the time. I don't think it is possible, especially with Hub 5 and a line which has too much errors on it. You can ask the help desk to disable Interleaving manually but that is not a permanent solution.
0 Ratings