cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 36

Request to increase from 448Kbps Upload Speed for youtube uploading

Hi im keen on youtube and upload videos on a regular basis.

I currently have 448Kbps uploading speed and im aware of a possible 1mbps.

This would cut my time uploading by half, for instance i uploaded 300mb video this morning and it took 1hr:40m i thought hey what if it only took 50mins on 1mb speed.

Could BT bump it up to 1mb's without additional costs or could i request BT to reset my IP profile?

Here is my current profile:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 4984 Kbps

Max Achievable Speed
 7150 Kbps

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4984 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :7104 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 5500 Kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 36

Re: Request to increase from 448Kbps Upload Speed for youtube uploading

Will resetting your IP Profile, increase the speed?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 36

If you are on standard ADSL max (Up to 8mb)  then 448 is the only upload speed you have, thats it.

Steven

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 36

I am on BT Option 3 up to 20MB.

But my download/upload = 51 KB/sec and im only 3 miles from the exchange.

Should i request a reset.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 36

to get your upload speed increased your exchange will need to have been upgraded for the up to 20mb and if it has you will need to take out a new contract !! i am on the up to 20mb and my upload is .7mb and i am less than 1100 meters from the exchange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 36

How can i find out if it has been upgraded for up to 20MB?

Wouldnt class 3 miles a long way and why offer it if they cant deliver.

If they have upgraded can would a IP Profile reset help me?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 36

if you run the test at www.speedtester.br.com then it will show the results and the acceptable settings for your connection.

if your on the up to 8mb contract then it should show as between 600>7150 as the acceptable download speed

if your on the up to 20mb service then it should show a higher rate

having said that if your sync is below 1000kbps theres every chance your acceptable speed would be lower as well, to give an actual answer it would be helpfull for you to post the results of hte speedtest andd aslo the router stats (if your using a home hub then go to settings/advanced/broadband/adsl and click the more details button at the bottom then copy n paste the details from that page into a post)

this should enable someone to give an answer as to which service your currently on,

@ the op

in order to get a different upstream speed you would need a different service product, its very possible that you could get a connection with far greater uploads possible but you would most likley need to get a buisness service if there not offering the up to 20/24 service on your exchange yet.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 36

@Richmondv3 wrote:

How can i find out if it has been upgraded for up to 20MB?

Wouldnt class 3 miles a long way and why offer it if they cant deliver.

If they have upgraded can would a IP Profile reset help me?

Hi.

The 448 upstream speed is a guarantee that it's the 8Mb service, the 20Mb service is about double - I've forgotten the actual figure.

As for offering the 20Mb service, that's what the system is now callled where available. Being 3 miles from the exchange will mean you could get a low figure - but it's called "up to 20Mb", you wont get 20Mb - virtually no-one does apart from those next door to the exchange, and then it depends on quality of cables to their house and internal stuff etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 36

I get around 600kbps upload with a line lengh of 2.5km.  Sounds OK until you compare with my second line that has the same attenuation figures but has an upload of 1256kbps - with BE (bethere) broadband.  The SNR figures are both around 6db so the speeds should be comparible

I honestly think that the BT kit is simply not up to the job so I doubt you will get much more upload than you currently get, even with a profile reset.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 36

I'm shocked by my upload speed here in Manchester, its at 310kbps, yet at my parents home in Langley, Berkshire, its over 1mbps. Both same BT type accounts, same money. It takes me all day to upload a video here in Manchester.

0 Ratings