cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Requesting change from interleaved to fast latency type.

Hello there I have had problems with my internet speed for near a decade due to how far I live from the exchange. Many years ago i received 1mbps but the lines have become extremely noisy and corroded since. Openreach won't do anything about it because I live in the sticks. Friend of mine suggested that I request a change on here from interleaved to fast. By the way I am paying for infinity and I am getting 200-300kbps. Usually only 250-300 when there's nobody else home. (house of 😎 which is a rare occurance. I've had the filters checked by an engineer and a new socket/faceplate last year. I replaced my linksys router with a homehub because a BT advisor on the phone suddenly decided I wasn't entitled to support because I wasn't using the home hub. So now I've got one of those, had engineers round plenty of times and the fault is not in house. I've accepted this and I've been on the phone to you guys for years to no avail I accept that the connection can only be optimised. So hopefully you'll sort this out for me and I can call it a day.

line is ********** there's nobody home for a few hours if you want to run a check. Also the engineers told me that I would be able to get fibre to the cabinet as part of the rollout in my area but all the houses around me are listed except mine. So am I not entitled? The next house (my mate) who has his address on the list is only about half a mile away. The whole point of the rollout is so that people with **bleep** broadband in the sticks get covereage, no?

TL;DR

1. Can I please have my latency type switched to fast?

2. Can I have any kind of confirmation on the fibre rollout for my area? Not just a link to the same page I'm using to check the postcode

3. Line is **********

4. Can I also have Dynamic Line Management turned off?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Requesting change from interleaved to fast latency type.

@robertbutterton95 wrote:

Hello there I have had problems with my internet speed for near a decade due to how far I live from the exchange. Many years ago i received 1mbps but the lines have become extremely noisy and corroded since. Openreach won't do anything about it because I live in the sticks. Friend of mine suggested that I request a change on here from interleaved to fast. By the way I am paying for infinity and I am getting 200-300kbps. Usually only 250-300 when there's nobody else home. (house of 😎 which is a rare occurance. I've had the filters checked by an engineer and a new socket/faceplate last year. I replaced my linksys router with a homehub because a BT advisor on the phone suddenly decided I wasn't entitled to support because I wasn't using the home hub. So now I've got one of those, had engineers round plenty of times and the fault is not in house. I've accepted this and I've been on the phone to you guys for years to no avail I accept that the connection can only be optimised. So hopefully you'll sort this out for me and I can call it a day.

line is ********** there's nobody home for a few hours if you want to run a check. Also the engineers told me that I would be able to get fibre to the cabinet as part of the rollout in my area but all the houses around me are listed except mine. So am I not entitled? The next house (my mate) who has his address on the list is only about half a mile away. The whole point of the rollout is so that people with **bleep** broadband in the sticks get covereage, no? if you are that much further from the cabinet you are very unlikely to get fibre service 

TL;DR

1. Can I please have my latency type switched to fast?  it can be turned off but as you are on  a very long line it can make your line very unstable and it will cause the DLM to turn interleaving back on again within a few days 

2. Can I have any kind of confirmation on the fibre rollout for my area? Not just a link to the same page I'm using to check the postcode  

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome  only use your phone number

3. Line is **********

4. Can I also have Dynamic Line Management turned off?  No  DLM is on all lines permanently 

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Oh right have you got a number I can ring come Monday? I doubt the call centre will have a **bleep**ing clue what I'm on about.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

the broadband help line 0800 111 4567 as I posted moving to fast path will make your line very unstable and can cause multiple disconnections

you need to get the line noise solved first report the line noise as a voice line fault with no mention of broadband in the call

can you please post the checker results I asked for as that can help us help you further
0 Ratings