cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Reset IP Profile

Hi

I am helping a neighbour with his broadband. His IP profile has been stuck at 2Mbps for the last week when it should be closer to 8Mbps. Would you please advise how I can get his IP profile raised.

I know he can get the higher speed because he is next door to me and I used to get near 8 before I upgraded to fibre. In addition when he signed up for a BT Broadband account he was told he should get 6-7Mbps

Thanks in advance

Paul

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Reset IP Profile

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).  Must be done with wired conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Thanks for the quick reply. I cannot find the data you mention on the BT Hub but attached are the detailed stats from the BT Speed Test. Does this help?Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

your profile looks correct for your conenction speed.  to get a higher profile you need a faster conenction speed not the other way round

which version of the hub does your neighbour have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

hi there

please have a look at the promised speeds from BT, my neighbour should be getting more than 2.59Capture3.PNG

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

my neighbour has a home hub 4

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

as the speed is low compared to estimate it would suggest a connection problem

you need to go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk then logs/wan and you are looking for 2 line together showing connection speed and noise margin - then post please

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

can you connect to test socket with a new filter before you post the stats  this will eliminate internal wiring problems 

test socket.jpg

Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

thanks, my neighbour is now away for a couple of days so i wll try these suggestions later this week

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

just post the information when you can as there is always someone around to help

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

hi there.

a few days later and the speed is even worse 0.14mbps. I have take the router down to the main phone socket and it is just s bad. Please see attached screen snips. What is going on?! home hub stats 1.PNGhome hub stats 2.PNGspeed test.PNG

0 Ratings