Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmic68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Reset router every day..

Hi,

I have BT Infinity 2 and the HH3 set up. I seem to have to reset the router every day to keep the upper speeds I should be getting. Especially if I've used torrents it would seem.

Anyone else experience this? Is it worth reporting, as not sure if it's a fault exactly?

Regards.

Cos

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Reset router every day..

lots of people get this too its very annoying
Aarong
Guru
Message 3 of 10

You could try requesting a new hub, or invest in a VDSL router of your own if you wish, as long as it's support PPPoE your fine.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
lsk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I've had exactly the same problem as it seems have many others.  

I'm currently on my third hub and second modem.  

A second engineer is coming out on Tuesday.  The previous one was here for about two hours and ran every test he could think of but even he couldn't understand the erratic speeds

First thing in the morning the wired speed is anywhere between .1mbs and .7mbs.  The wifi is much better at 6 or 7mbs but not always.

Going into the hub manager and disconnecting/connecting restores the speed some of the time or switching the hub off and back on results in the speed going back up to 60 to 65 mbs but over the course of a few hours it will start to drop again.

BT seem to be ignoring the problem.  If the next engineer visit doesn't solve the problem I'll talk to ofcom and trading standards as I don't think the product (Infinity) is fit for purpose

Best of luck as you enter the twilight zone known as BT customer service!

cosmic68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thankfully my drops aren't that dramatic.

With the speed tester lite site, with a reset I get about 60 Mbps (ish) download, then by the end of the day it halves or even more 20 Mbps.

I suppose I should ask if having and engineer out and replacing hardware actually made a differance for anyone reading, ie did it work?

0 Ratings
janner43
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

With my old router/modem, pre infinity, I had it set on a digital timer that would power it off overnight & on again in the morning. Since getting infinity 10 days ago, I do see an improvement in speed if I power the HH3 off & on again. one morning the speedtest was only giving me 5mbs - a restart & back up to 34mbs (wireless connection).

Currently I use the HH3 power saving mode overnight. Would I be better off using my timer again & getting a full poweroff & on for the HH3 every day?

ADDED BY EDIT So to give an example, my speed this morning has regularly been reported as 19mbs down. A restart of the HH3 & speed is now38mbs. Why??????
0 Ratings
jimgardner
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I've had Infinity for months with no problems then all of a sudden I get the speed dropping to aroundf 0.5MB! Resetting the hub works but only temporarily and I am having to reset daily. This is not acceptable and I dont think the product is fit for purpose!
0 Ratings
cheesyboofs
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

don't you ppl read before posting????

Look at this tread, http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Infinity-drops-below-1M-bits-each-day/td-p/524839

When your speed drops through the floor on LAN connected PC's can you please see if wireless PC's/Laptops remain un-affected?

0 Ratings
cosmic68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Calm down dear...

I forgot to say I'm wireless-plus only happens after P2P activity, so I'm not necessarily in the same boat as peeps on other thread. Have yet to lug my iMac 3 floors down to connect it directly and see if the problem persists.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10
Moved:

0 Ratings