Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Reset target SNR margin

Hi,

I was hoping one of the mods could reset my target SNR margin for me please.  I had a noise issue on the line (partially) resolved a couple of months ago but my target SNR margin seems stuck resolutely on 9dB.

I am hoping that a reset to the default 6dB will increase my sync speed enough to take me up to the next IP profile banding- the jump from 2.5Mbps to 3 makes a huge difference when watching TV on demand...

My connection is perfectly stable and the margin only fluctuates by around 0.75dB at night.  However I was also wondering if it is normal for trailing edge dimmer switches (and LED lights) to cause a similar level of interference- I can watch the noise margin graph dip when I switch them on. Dodgy switches or do I just have to live with it?

ADSL Line Status
Connection informationLine state: Connected
Connection time: 7 days, 18:06:10
Downstream: 3,168 Kbps
Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 8.4 dB / 17.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 52.5 dB / 29.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 19.1 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 420552 / 1463
CRC Events (Down/Up): 453 / 68
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up): 5471 / 45
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Many thanks,

Jamie

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reset target SNR margin

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

StuartH
Message 3 of 6

Hi JamieK

Welcome to the Forum.

Send me an email using the Contact the Mods link in my profile and I can have this investigated for you.

Cheers

Stuart

jamiek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

All done thanks Stuart.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the dimmer switches causing REIN issues? Two new dimmers and they both cause a noise margin drop which probably rules out them being faulty...

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

yes they can cause problems personally i would not use them as this link shows https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-BB-Speed-Connection/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397
jamiek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yea I understood there could be issues- unfortunately a dozen LED lamps in a new extension need to be dimmed, I'll just have to live with it I reckon.  The noise margin drops aren't sufficiently bad to cause any loss of connection but I'll be careful to switch them off when my router re-syncs!

0 Ratings