cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Resetting my Noise Margin after recent fault please

Hi Im new to the forum but been a customer to bt for about 3 years..

been doing some research and i have had a fault in recent with phone crackling and it would cause the router to re-boot itself now and again we would restart it because its slow but its best to leave it constantly on ok once fixed i spotted my noise margin is high soo...

can i report back when i have maintained a stable connection time in the routers gateway and have it reset i will post my stats.

f2fch.png

2aev21k.png

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: Resetting my Noise Margin after recent fault please

We need to see 3 days + stable connection before a reset could be carried out

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

We have Sky Multiroom one of which is in my dads room and he turns the sky box off when he goes to bed i have no idea why the box is connected to the phone line would this affect the line becoming unstable

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

part of the multiroom contract is that boxes must be connected to phone line - to check they are being used on same phone line/same property.  you can disconnect after contract expires.  sky box in your father's room must have a filter connected to the phone line unless you have a filtered master socket faceplate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

does everything to the phone line have to be on 24/7 just the router to obtain a stable line how do i get my speed increased

ip/profile banded?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

just your router should be left connected 24/7 for best connection - recommended by BT but there are many on the forum who switch router off at night and on in morning without any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

ok when the router has kept connected for the 3+ days that will indicate a stable line therefore hit the disconnect button instead of restarting hopefully that will show a rise in the connection speed??

3xa4p.png

a0ywb4.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 31

No maintain the stable connection once the 3 days + has been reached we can give you a link to the forum mods if needed to reset your noise margin if it has not reset automatically resetting your hub is the worse thing you can do you need a stable connection at all times
0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

should i click the disconnect in my home hub setting when the 3+ days have past and do NOT reset or restart can i comfirm please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

no leave completely alone your connection must remain stable with NO RESTARTS
0 Ratings