cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 31

Re: Resetting my Noise Margin after recent fault please

the mods can make the change but going to fast can make your connection less stable.  if noise margin now down to 6db can you post new stats including the errors

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

updated stats

2crxfew.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 31

no change in stats yet
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 24 of 31

@john46 wrote:
no change in stats yet

You should have gone to specsavers John.

Clearly ..... you don't see what I see.

Furthermore, I'd recommend against changing to fastpath .... for the moment anyhow.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 31

clearly i should have I had only noted the change in up margin and had missed the down speed increase
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 26 of 31

@john46 wrote:
clearly i should have I had only noted the change in up margin and had missed the down speed increase

🙂

I was actually refering to the bit error rate versus timescale, and it's relationship with noise margin levels.

And why I said .... fastpath on that connection is not a good idea .... for the time being.

(it's what stats are for ...)    🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

even with the high noise margin interleave is working hard shown by the number of errors so I would stay with interleaved and concentrate first on getting your noise margin down to 6 and if line is still ok then nearer 3 - but 6db first.  this will increase your speed far more than switch to fast

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

lol funny hahah but to change to a fastpath it is in your power to do that..

sorry .. im misunderstanding i have to get my (UP) noise margin to a default of 6db first?

what about the 3 days to have a stable line is it expired or..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 31

your current noise margin is 15.3db and you need to try and get it down to normal of 6db which will result in an increase in your connection speed.  Many lines now work on a margin of 3db and that would increase your connection speed yet again but many find the drop to 3db causes more errors and slows down the download speed so end up going back to 6db.

interleaved looks best for your line just now but that's not to say with improvement that you cannot eventually go to fast

any change from interleave to fast would need you to contact the mods

0 Ratings
currie728
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

just to update the noise margin has dropped now at 13.5 dB

2vw69tj.png

0 Ratings