cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Restoring contacts and calendars on iOS devices after switching to BT Mail

After many hours of frustration trying to restore my "lost" contacts to my iPhone and iPad I finally got the answer direct from BT Mail. In case it helps anyone else equally exasperated - here is the solution.
You need to "synch" your contacts and calendars to the new mail account. Do this (separately on each iOS device) by going to settings - mail, calendars, contacts - add account. The options you need are calDAV and cardDAV.
For calendars, in the calDAV box enter https://calendar.btinternet.com in the server box. Add your email address in the next line, then your password. Next and save.
Do the same for contacts (cardDAV) but the server is https://contacts.btinternet.com.
You should now have all your contacts and calendars visible.
Such a simple solution - why doesn't BT provide this advice upfront on the switching page? Especially since their technical help people had no idea how to restore the contacts (realise now they gave me wrong server info), saying they "weren't trained on iOS devices"!!
7 REPLIES 7
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Restoring contacts and calendars on iOS devices after switching to BT Mail

Restoring lost contacts from iPhone is not so easy, and the iPhone Data Recovery can only recover lost contacts from iPhone directly, fo rother vewrsions, you need to made backup before.
1, select recover from iTunes backup files mode
2. Select the backup files to scan for the lost photos
3. Preview and recover lost photos from iTunes backup

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Restoring lost contacts from iPhone is not so easy, and the iPhone Data Recovery can only recover lost contacts from iPhone directly, fo rother vewrsions, you need to made backup before.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Hi Shayie, just in case you are waiting for a reply from the OP, this post is over a year old and the OP has not been back to the forum since then but I'm sure your answer may be able to help others.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

@Shayie wrote:

Restoring lost contacts from iPhone is not so easy, and the iPhone Data Recovery can only recover lost contacts from iPhone directly, fo rother vewrsions, you need to made backup before.

Hello Shayie,  this post is over a year old. But your way work for me, now. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Fonepaw iPhone Data Recovery (Mac) can help you recover all lost contacts on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including the iPhone 6/5S/5/4S/4 and iOS 8/ iOS 9.This iPhone data recovery provides you three ways to recover contacts from iPhone, iTunes or iCloud backup file.

You can clearly preview all lost or deleted contacts before recovery, and selectively recover whatever only what you want—something you can't do with iTunes!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

If you didn't backup your iOS files to iTunes or iCloud or you failed to restore from your backup files, then you can try some iOS recovery tool to get back data from the iDevice directly. See this guide: how to recover deleted contacts from  iphone

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Restoring contacts and calendars on iOS devices after switching to BT Mail is not easy. Of course if we have taken backup before, we can restore from backup. If not, we need use iOS Data Recovery program to help us do the data restoring.

0 Ratings