cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 23

Retro sweets...

Hey Guys

Heard from one of my friends today that it's the 30th anniversary of the Charlie and the Chocolate factory original film. 

We started talking retro sweets... opal fruits before they were starburst... marathon bars before they were snickers...  How creme eggs seem to have halfed in size.. (maybe we're just bigger?!)  How you could get a 10p mix and have 20 sweeties in it... ah those were the days... 😄

What's your favourite old sweetie? 

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 23

Re: Retro sweets...

Lol I am still utterly thankful that some high placed genius saw fit to bring back the Wispa!

What a legend!

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 23

@KerryG wrote:

What's your favourite old sweetie? 

Aniseed **bleep** at 4 for 1d.

Bloddy filter - "Aniseed testicles at 4 for 1d."

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 23

My sweetie was 17 years old -  but that was a long, long, long time ago Smiley Very Happy

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 23

That's how I roll!

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

"Poor Bens", liquorice and aniseed gums.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Space Dust

3d (Thrupenny) Jamboree bags

Penny bubblies (Anglo)

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 23

Just off the top of my head - Fruit salad and Blackjacks both 4 for 1d (that's old pence),Sherbet fountain, with a stick of licorice, refreshers - small round fizzy sweet, fruit flavour spangles, flying saucers, sweet tobacco (flavoured coconut),milky lunch chocolate bar,Fry's 5 boys chocolate bar.

Del.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Gotta go with Del on this. Flying saucers and sweet tobacco were just awesome. Curly wurly shouldn't be discounted either though.

Toodle pip

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 23

I tried a curly wurly the other day - not the same with dentures  Smiley Sad 

Anybody remember Curly Wurly straws ?

Back to retro sweets - What about sugar mice, shrimps ,love hearts,rainbow drops,Caramac ?

Del.

0 Ratings