cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 21 of 23

Re: Retro sweets...

Great shout wedding - rhubarb and sugar!  My nana used to grow rhubarb in her back garden, we used to pick it fresh and then dip in a cup of sugar... v tasty!!  Doesn't seem the same out of a supermarket and a plastic bag...

Sparkle ice lollies anyone?  they were only 20p or 25p and tasted just like lemonade...not sure if you still get them?

K

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 23

Jubbly Orange Drink, it was frozen when bought and it was so cool on hot day. As kids we loved it and it was only a few coppers to buy.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
smil3ymil3y
Message 23 of 23

My absolute favourite from years back has to be Sweet Tobacco (aka Coconut Tobacco or Spanish Gold) !!  I absolutely LOVED this as a kid and spent just about all my spending money on it !!  

I have looked everywhere over the years trying to find it again ....... and, about six months ago, finally did !!!

I bought a MASSIVE 1KG bagful from an online sweet shop called all occasionssweetshop

0 Ratings