cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kinky
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Returning My HH3? No chance!

I've had Infinity installed about a month ago, and it's been absolutely perfect 🙂

Then about 2 weeks ago I received a plastic bag from BT, for me to return something to them.  I had no idea what it referred to; so I just 'filed' it away.

A week ago I received a letter from BT telling me that they were waiting for me to send "my equipment" back to them.  Again, I have no idea what.

And now tonight I get an email from them, telling me that they are still waiting for me to send back my HH3 to them.  They quoted a serial number (which matches the HH3 that I have).

I've just logged in, to check my order, in case there was something flagged there - but there's nothing.

So, I'm totally confused now.  Why would I want to send back something to them which is brand new and works perfectly?

Anyone else have this?  Any ideas?

K

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Returning My HH3? No chance!

Have you tried answering the email explaining that the HH3 that they are refering to is in fact part of the package that you have installed and that it is working perfectly.?
The email that was sent should have mentioned your account number or at least more than just the serial number of the HH3.?
0 Ratings
Kinky
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Yeah - I did email them tonight to ask why I would want to send it back to them.  Just thought I'd post it here for reference, and out of curiousity.

It's just really odd.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Yeah,it is odd! I agree,hope they reply to you saying that they messed up.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

You might think it was new when you recieved it, but its the only modem working correctly.
They are sending it around so every customer gets a fare connection sometime....:)
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

LOL!:)
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

@MedicUK wrote:
You might think it was new when you recieved it, but its the only modem working correctly.
They are sending it around so every customer gets a fare connection sometime....:)

Those Timeshare salesman get everywhere!!!!

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Kinky
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

So instead of me sending it back to BT for them to send onto someone else, I'll send it directly ......

So who is next then 🙂

Although, that said, I do see a personal slight long-term flaw in this plan 😞
0 Ratings
alsie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I had Infinity installed  4 day's ago and I spoke to the engineer about the probelms with the modems,and he said they are fitting a new version and recalling all the old ones. Whether he just said that because I brought the subject up.

My modemis warm, but not hot.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 10

Hi Kinky,

If you dont get any word back from emailing them, fill out the contact us form in the "about me" section of my profile and we will have a look into this.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings