cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Returning for more help

Darren, I don't think the router is the problem here, there must be some underlying interference which is causing the router to disconnect, on a line as short as his any router should hold, here's a link to the Bell Wire fix though marc_d1 http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html
0 Ratings
marc_d1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Jolly - from memory I changed the channel to 4 instead of automatic, and although I don't know either way that may have played a part in getting my connection improved to where it is now. I'll look later to see if it's still free but I'd guess it is...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Darren
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Also note that you line is on fastpath,which I guess you got put on for gaming and low ping,fast does make the line less stable,you may also want to consider going back to interleaved,I know that this is not a preferred option and I take it that by sports games you mean FIFA ect,

0 Ratings
marc_d1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Well, unfortunately I've had no luck since -- it's actually WORSE with more disconnections. Just moments ago I got disconnected from XBOX Live and then heard the Hub reset itself! Looked and all the lights were off before the top flashed orange.

Checked the channel and I'm the only one on 4 as I suspected.

Switching back to IL doesn't sound too good -- when I was on that I had more problems than ever. It's not nearly good enough but at least I'm not getting discon once per hour atm.

It's just so frustrating. Was with o2 for exactly a calendar year and I had one SINGLE disconnection. Just once. At this point I consider myself lucky and it's a near miracle if I go an evening without it tripping or resetting itself altogether.

Anyone and everyone's ongoing help is appreciated. It's that **bleep** Hub, I wish there was something I could do about it.

0 Ratings