cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Returning to BT - was it a good idea

So a a nice sales lady on 12th june told me about how great coming back to BT would be. OK, order placed, start date 2nd July. Seamless transfer she said, youll be happy with the servives, welsome to BT she said. Well 2nd came and went, all seemed ok until i got a letter on the 7th to say that i hadnt responded to a phone call and my name would be removed from an interview list????? tried the phone, not receiving calls, so for the next 5 days have spent 5 hours 42 mins with BT being to 'it will be on at midnight tonight', then today being told it will be working on 19th July and the transfer was not requested from my old supplier until 5th July (this often happens apparently) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  apology??? no, anything on the website that might say it might happen, no. when i called sales pretending i wanted a new line and asking if it could be delayed?? no sir, it will be seamless!!!  will anyone listen, NOOOOOOOOO

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Returning to BT - was it a good idea

If you were with another Service Provider, and they did not release the number to BT, then you need to complaint to them about it.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Keith, do you work for BT?????? Why should i have to be involved in the process. BT proudly boast on their website and via their sales team that they will do all the communication!!!!  In my case BT seem to have failed to have requested the transfer, but took over the line. Today i recieved the ultimate customer services quote "well it will be working on the 19th July and you will just have to put up with it"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Hi This is a Customer to customer SELF HELP forum Keith like you and me is a BT customer moves from other suppliers do sometimes go wrong as Keith has posted and if the line has not been released then there is nothing BT can do at this time as was suggested you may get a quicker result if you contact your old supplier and complain at them

you could also try this address they may be able to help

Write to us
BT Correspondence Centre
Providence Row
Durham
DH98 1BT
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@ianfl wrote:

Keith, do you work for BT?????? Why should i have to be involved in the process. BT proudly boast on their website and via 

No, I am just a BT customer on this Customer To Customer forum. There are BT moderators who visit from time to time.

Issues with Service Provider transfers can occur sometimes.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you if things are still not sorted.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

i would suggest that BT change their website, currently when talking about swiching account it says

"You don't need to contact your current provider – we'll do this"

Perhaps this needs to be changed to, "you dont need to contact your current provider unless there is a problem, then its down to you to sort it out"

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Should not have been problem if using MAC within BT wholesale network however you would have to contact current ISP for it, Though if you are coming into BT from SKY/Stalk Talk  normally means full llu products = you corordinate the process by Linked Order Reference Number (LORN). 

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings