cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lola
Message 1 of 4

Ridiculous slow connection speed

It is taking 6mins from turning on my computer to connect to the Internet...........why so slow??? I've recently had two phone calls from BT trying to get me to change to BT Infinity and have refused, since then my connecting speed to the inernet has gone this slow.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ridiculous slow connection speed

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.org/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser address bar and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1

Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

are you connecting to the router wireless or wired?  if wireless you can try downloading inssider2.1 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Are you sure it's the internet that's slow and not just your computer?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings