Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 31

Ridiculous - try and buy 38mb offer with Ultra HD and get told you need 44mb

Go to solution

Whats the point in having a package available that cannot actually support it!

Decided to switch to BT - spent ages reviewing options and decided to go for the online broadband+TV deal - 38mb unlimited + ultra HD TV package - works out £41 + install/set up delivery etc

I tried to place the order and get told broadband is not fast enough - need 44mb (even though it is part of a 38mb package!).

I dont have a 4K TV and do not plan to use the Ultra HD channels, but wanted the benefits of the package - bigger box, 22 more more channles, 13 more HD.

Spent most of the day moving around various BT sales staff but got nowhere. They try and offer me the lesser TV package (smaller box, less premium channles etc) price ends up £41 same as the Ultra package but for a lot less.

This borders on false advertising.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 31

Re: Ridiculous - try and buy 38mb offer with Ultra HD and get told you need 44mb

Go to solution

You can have Infinity 1 - with it's maximum of 38Mbps for UHD but - AFAIK - your line needs to have the potential to support 44Mbps. I.e is Infinity 2 available to you?

What does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ say is avialble to you?

(If pasting results remember not to include your phone number in this forum)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 31

Re: Ridiculous - try and buy 38mb offer with Ultra HD and get told you need 44mb

Go to solution

Thanks to the mods for hiding my post under billing,which has nothing to do with my issue, rather than trying to help.

Cheers BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

If you look at the board heading you will see that it's called "Bills & Packages" and your problem is a problem with a package so that is why it is here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

yeah - a sub section of billing - this is not a billing issue - its a selling or broadband/tv issue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

It is a package issue and you are on the right board.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution
The OP hasn't answered my question:

What does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ say is avialble to you?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution
You can have all the channels without the UHD box. So I don't see an issue here.
If you can get higher speeds on a different infinity package and they exceed 44mb you can have Ultra UHD.
Pretty pointless in my opinion if you don't want or use the UHD channel as there is nothing on it that can't be watched in HD.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

You cannot get all the channels, thats the point - and you get a better piece of hardware.

I cannot use DSL checker as I do not have a BT line.

Post code checker tells me nothing.

Regardless, the offer is to purchase a service 'up to 38mb' but you cannot get it unless the line is capable of 44mb ! They then try and sell you another package at the same price, but with less.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution
The only channel that you can only get on the UHD TV package is BT Sport UHD.
Every other channel is in HD or SD and is available through the other various packages and add-ons.

Have you looked at the DSL checker results? If your clean A range minimum is at least 44Mbps then it seems that BT will sell you the UHD package on either Infinity 1 or 2 broadband.
0 Ratings