cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 31

Re: Ridiculous - try and buy 38mb offer with Ultra HD and get told you need 44mb

Go to solution

The full prices are

£4.00 - TV Starter

£5.00 - TV Essential

£5.00 - TV Entertainment Starter

£10.00 - TV Entertainment Plus

£15.00 - TV Entertainment Max

£20.00 - TV Entertainment Ultra

Note that Ultra is currently on offer via the web pages for £15 for the first 12 months. That offer could disappear at any time though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 31

Re: Ridiculous - try and buy 38mb offer with Ultra HD and get told you need 44mb

Go to solution

If you look here

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-tv/?s_intcid=con_fly_pns_tv#youview

you can see that it lists the packages that come with each type of box.

It still list Entertainment Max, Entertainment Plus and Essential next to the Youview+ box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks folks for all the comments.

It looks like the prices change depending on how you select the package via the website. Yesterday it was extra for the HD channels (with the sport being free) - today I can add the HD channels for free (kids is still an extra £3 - which I don't want).

I deleted my cookies - dont know if that helped or not.

Ordered placed Smiley Happy

Bummed to pay £44 for an engineer when I ordered the extra box - can you remove this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

Be careful as BT often do a limited period free offer on HD Extra (1, 3, 6, 12 months). When the period is over you revert to the full HD Extra add-on price (currently £4). Offers change on a regular basis.

Which base TV package have you actually ordered? 

I believe some people have got the £44 engineer visit cancelled by putting up a solid argument over the phone. It may depend on whether that is really covering the activation fee on your deal (which they are pretending to waive) or that you are paying both. For many customers with a simple set up the engineer visit is a waste of his and their time.

Never forget the golden rule. All BT pricing on all products is ludicrously complicated! If you think you understand it all you haven't read all the small print. Quantum physics is far simpler. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

Also note that some product pages will mention 12 HD channels included. But I think those are the Freeview HD channels the boxes can pick up over the aerial and are different to the 13 HD Extra entertainment channels and the BT Sport HD channels which come over the broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

I went for the £20 TV+broadband 38mb unlimited, entertainment plus. I added the sports and HD for 'free' and an extra box

Line Rental          £16.99

Entertainment Plus with HD Extra             £14.00

TV Everywhere with Extra Box   £5.00

Entertainment Plus with HD Extra discount for 12 months             £-4.00

Broadband and Calls       £23.00

Special offer discount    £-13.00 Your special offer discount lasts for 12 months

BT Sport Pack     £19.99

BT Sport Pack discount £-19.99

BT Sport HD        £0.00 Free for customers with HD Extra channels

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

Glad to see that you got your package issue sorted out and managed to place an order.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution
For some strange reason only existing customers can order entertainment max. Once you have it all fitted and up and running you can upgrade to entertainment max.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution
Really? Where? Curious

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution
Ah yes, another of the complicated rules I'd forgotten about. No idea why they even have that rule. Seems to serve no real obvious purpose?

BT could do themselves a massive favour and greatly simplify their packages and extras.

Anyone who complains that Sky or Virgin packages are too complicated should try BT!
0 Ratings