cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlinbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Ridiculously slow broadband.

Since joining BT a couple of months ago, I`ve had nothing but problems. First, I had BT install BT Vision. It never worked due to my line speed being too slow. Something the engineer should have checked. I had it removed after 3 weeks and at the moment, am trying to get my engineer set up and installation charges refunded.

Now, my broadband speed has dropped to next to nothing. So slow in fact, that it took nearly half and hour to do a speedtest. Afterwards, the indicators showed just a red line, indicating next to no speed. It`s even taken me ages to get this forum page to load up. What the **bleep** am I paying for, a third rate service, and I use the word service losely.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
merlinbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ridiculously slow broadband.

Upload speed 0.1 Download speed 0.34
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ridiculously slow broadband.

Hi.

The forums are customer to customer in the first instance, Only the mods (BT) will ask for personal information through a email link. Would you mind posting your Hub stats & BT speed test results this will help all with diagnosis-

To post the full stats from your router
for home hub - 192.168.1.254
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right
Click on More Details and then post the results.
Run BT speed tester and post the results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

If possible it would be best to connect to the BT master socket this will rule out any telephone/broadband extension wiring also consider the housing of the hub/router as anything electrical can cause problems as these are your responsibility, if these are found to be the case Openreach (engineer) will charge BT Broadband, which will be passed onto you, around £130.00.

Noisy line! When making telephone calls, if so this is not good for your broadband, you can check-

Quite line test dial 17070 option 2 and listen - should hear nothing best done with old type analogue phone digital (dect) will do but may have slight hiss If you hear noise- crackling pops etc, report it as a noisy line on your phone, don’t mention broadband, Bt Faults on 151.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings