cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 13

Re: Ridiculously slow internet in York

Hi Fosterman - I did similar tests to you, forcing to some public DNS server, but it simply wasn't convicngly improved. I should have said in my previous post that I believe you are correct, this feels like a backbone / core routing or bandwidth issue to me OR BT have implemented some horric traffic shaping that's doing some nasty things. It feels strongly like packet loss, but I've not been able to demonstrate that convincingly either yet.

My performance is still massively variable and I've still not had the time to lodge a call with BT. Has anyone our there had a chance to speak with tech support yet?

Here's hoping someone in the Mod group takes the thread a little more seriously and we get some idea if this issue is more widespread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Hello, im having the exact same problem and have been for about a month now, however i am not located in York im located in Consett connected to the Consett BT Exchange 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

I live in York and because the internet was so slow, we were persuaded to sign up to BT Infinity, at of course substantial expense.  It has not made any difference whatsoever.  The BT streetbox is just the other side of the fence and no property is any nearer than ours.  It is just soooooooooo slow much of the time and also keeps freezing.

Also, in the last week, we have another problem.  When looking at my emails, the site keeps reverting to sites that I had looked at previously.  If I have looked at a site and then look at my emails, it keeps reverting to the previous site each time I click on inbox.  

What a waste of my time and money.

0 Ratings