cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Ripping off my elderly mother

Went to visit my parents who are nearing their 70s. They used to have the 2MB service and it was very reliable, they were offered a free upgrade which I advised her not to get only to find out it was too late.

Ever since, the speed drops down to less than half a MB and quite often it drops.

She called BT to find out what the problem was but they turned it back on her and tried to get her fiddling with things herself. She is a 68 year old woman! not an engineer. She paid her bill, that's her job done. Now the rest is down to you!

I've done all the donkey work like testing with ethernet cable and I can confirm that is not the issue.

Therefore, either you take this new router back and put the old one back or you can come and fix this one.

A 2MB connection that actually works is 100x better than a "50mb" one which doesn't.

Personally, I am with virgin and they are a disgusting company so I was considering going with BT myself in my new house, now I am not so sure at all.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ripping off my elderly mother

This is a customer-to-customer forum, unfortunately.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Hi jaybee115

Sorry about this.  I'll be happy to have a look into the connection and see what's up.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

What's the point in a customer to customer forum? Too busy making money to listen to our gripes?

Anyway, sent the email thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

like many other ISP's a customer to customer forum can resolve many problems without needing to contact the provider
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

How long does this rigmarole take? I have an important deadline and the speed here has been fixed more or less constantly at 0.4mbps.

How can people call this a "developed country" when even impoverished African nations can provide some sort of usable internet and we can't?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

The moderators can take up to three working days to get back to you once you have contacted them. I'm sure even "impoverished African nations" have problems with their Internet at times.

0 Ratings