Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Rofl BB Speed dropped by 2/3rds

your router could easily reset on it's own and more than once.  just because you have had the router connected to the power socket does not mean connection has been stable - unless you check connection time regularly.  if it reset during the night or when you are out you will never know unless you check connection time.

to get the low profile your connection must have reset with a connection speed of 3.4/3.9mb which gives the 3mb profile.

stable connection and check connection time to make sure ok for 3+ days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Not if you are connected to a VOIP server 27/7,esp one that has connection details and auto connect on it 🙂

When i do sleep,i check server logs while drinking morning coffee,have yet to see me DC once in the last 20 days, i am disabled so dont go out much,but when i do i have phone linked to the VOIP,so again i would know if i dropped or not 😛

19/20 days without disconnection is MORE than 3-5 days without disconnection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

to get a profile drop to 3mb you need to have a connection speed of 3.4/3.9mb so you have had a connection drop which is reason for low profile.

if you get stable connection for 3/5 days profile should reurn to normal automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

the only thing that will cause a profile drop is a series of disconnections and on at least one occasion the connection speed has dropped to a low level therefore reducing your IP Profile all you can do is wait and maintain a stable connection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

I understand that John,which did happen on April 30th,about 4 DCs in about 1 hour,which is when my speed initially dropped to 2.90  DL, 0.20 UL,no further drops since,i moved room around on May 1st which is when i reset( unplugged router to move it), you with me so far?

So from the 1st May to yesterday 19th May no DCs whatsoever as proved my VOIP logs,which should have *fixed* the wait 3-5 days "settling period", still with me?

Then today my UL dropped to 0.02-0.00 which is why i came here.

So as you can see i have waited and maintained a stable connection since 1st May with no resolve.

I will reiterate again that 19/20 days without disconnection is MORE than 3-5 days without disconnection ( which i will now add as my sig,and keep it handy so i can cut/copy/paste it in the future) 😛

19/20 days without disconnection is MORE than 3-5 days without disconnection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

until the hubstats show a stable 3+ days stable connection the auto system will not come in to operation and also should a manual reset be needed the forum mods will not carry out a manual reset until 3days + can be shown on the hub stats posted here  

Please remember this is a Customer to Customer self help forum the only BT Presence are the Forum Mods 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

just repost your stats when connection time shows 3+ days

0 Ratings