Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgeAl
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Room only phone line

Hi,

I am about to move to shared accomodation in a house with 5 rooms where people are supposed to share the broadband (all other bills are inclusive).

I have had bad experiences in the past with people who were not willing to pay their share.

I can always setup my broadband and change the WiFi password. However, I do not want the bill to come next month and find out that someone got a phone in his room and called his mom who is currently in a mission to mars.

I am not sure if the house has a phone line installed (it has been recently refurbished and I am the first one to move in). 

Is it possible that I get a BT line in my room which only I can use? Is it possible that if I get such a line, noone else will be able to use it ? I would also like to have my own broadband connection and having my own line allows that. However, is it possible to actually have two phone lines in one house?

Thanks, I hope the question is in the right category

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Room only phone line

The answer to all your questions is Yes.

0 Ratings
GeorgeAl
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks a lot for your (quick) answer.
Is there some specific procedure I have to follow? Or I just arrange a BT Technician to come install my router and I just ask him to set up a new BT Socket in my room ?

Thanks
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

When you order tell them what you want to happen.