cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Router Help !!!!!

I have just swapped the netgear for a asus dsl m66u dual band wireless adsl/vdsl mdem router and still same prob dsl light flashing ? Arrgghhhh
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Just got asus vdsl hub/modem and still sane problem :-/...... Dsl-n66u
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

You need to go into the routers management pages and change the settings. It needs to be a PPPoE connection and the username needed is bthomehub@btbroadband.com If it asks for a password you can use anything. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Router Help Please ?.......

took my netgear back as i got told it needs to be vdsl modem router ......

went to currys got the asus n66u adsl/vdsl modem/router come home and plugged in and same problem as before dsl light blinking and wont get a connection ?

i cannot plug the filter in as there has been a bt engineer out to boost my speed and has cut the socket in the wall out and fitted this little box that only a phone cable fits so the filter cannot be fitted and he told me internet can only run through this little box could this be causeing the after market ones to not get a dsl signal ?    the btphone plugs in and works right away though without a filter .

so i am stuck as i cannot setup new one until this light dsl stays on constantly...

any ideas gurus ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

Re: Router Help Please ?.......

Your new modem/router should plug into the socket in exactly the same way as the Homehub 5 did.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 24

@gg30340 wrote:

You need to go into the routers management pages and change the settings. It needs to be a PPPoE connection and the username needed is bthomehub@btbroadband.com If it asks for a password you can use anything. 

Did you do this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 24

@licquorice wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Did you do this?

What do you mean?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

Did you enter those settings, it won't work unless you do.

Edit: Missed it was you replying GG, thought it was the OP. Question was directed at OP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 24

Sorry, I thought you were asking me if I had posted those settings Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

I have tried all that but asus have said until there is a solid dsl light there is nothig they can do and the setting dont matter on router until that point ? ... Bt are not interested in helpng .
0 Ratings