cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: Router Query

Ok I've set up my Netgear as instructed & plugged it into the HG612(unlocked) & it's working/connected.could someone give me instructions on how to get the line stats please?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 33

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 33

Hi thanks.what i need is how to get the line stats because the netgear doesn't show my line stats anymore as i've got the HG612 connected.Unfortunately the link for the manual only gives me the netgear when connected as a modem/router which it used to be.hope that made sense?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 33

I realised that after I posted. Have a look at the second link in my edited post that should help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 33

Thanks.I've now installed program but still can't see stats?all boxes have turned green as per the instructions.the modem ip is 192.168.1.1.the router is 192.168.0.1 could this be why?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 33

As long as you are changing your computer IP address to the same subnet when you plug it in to the modem you should be ok. Have you unlocked the modem as per the instructions in the link?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 33

sorry not sure what you mean but the modem was unlocked when i bought it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 33

Ah, ok, thought you needed to unlock it. Are you trying to see the stats with your PC plugged into LAN2 port of the modem or your router? If you are connecting via your router, you will need to connect LAN2 port of the modem to a LAN port on your router (as shown in the kitz document). You will also have to change either the IP address of your router to 192.168.1.x or change the IP address of the modem to 192.168.0.x

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Yes i would like to view them via browser.I've plugged cable between lan2 on modem & router and still nothing.how do i change ip address of modem or router?sorry to ask never done it before.thanks once again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 33

You will need to refer to the router manual to change the IP address. This will have implications on the rest of your network. If every device is set up for DHCP there shouldn't be a problem. If you have any static addresses set, you will need to change them to the new subnet. If the device you are using to change the IP on the router is configured with a static address, you will cut off the branch you are sitting on, so to speak, and will have to change it to the new subnet before you can re-connect to the router.

0 Ratings