cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HairyFool
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Router configuration options

Until now I have been using my own Netgear router as I had it before I took up BT broadband and it was set up as I needed it.

It has died (it was 5 years old) soI have tried to use the Home Hub 2 but that died within 2 days due to a failed ADSL modem. It has now been replaced with a Home Hub 3

Most of the tweaks I had with the Netgear were either not essential or I have been able to replicate with the home hub but with one exception.

I run a virtual test network behind its own address on a different subnet and I need to add a static route on the Home Hub yet I can find no option to do this.

DMZ does not achieve the same result.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pridmorej
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Router configuration options

Hi,

Did you find a way of adding a static route?  Telnet?

I have a server with 2 NICs and need to set a static route to the internal network.  I had a Netgear router before and this was easy to setup.  However, I have just got BT Infinity, but no equivalent setting on the Home Hub 3.

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Router configuration options

@pridmorej wrote:

Hi,

Did you find a way of adding a static route?  Telnet?

I have a server with 2 NICs and need to set a static route to the internal network.  I had a Netgear router before and this was easy to setup.  However, I have just got BT Infinity, but no equivalent setting on the Home Hub 3.

Regards,

Jeremy

That person has not revisited the forum since. You may be better posting your own new question.

0 Ratings