cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icarus1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Router drops connection every night

My BT Smart Hub has started dropping the connection every night at around 21:30 to 22:00 after having been fine for a year.  BT support "guaranteed" that a factory reset would solve the problem, after initally telling me it was because my router was near a door or window!!  The factory reset hasn't worked.

The second contact with support tried to fob me off with it being caused by a street light turning on despite them having been on for hours anyway and the router has been fine for a year.  

I'd like some positive action, not just being fobbed off.  

Any suggestions?  (Apart from going to TalkTalk)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
iniltous
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Router drops connection every night

Does anything at home happen at this time,  central heating / hot water switching off, security light , street lighting switching on etc ..it could be an unsuppressed electrical device , or a device that has developed a suppression problem , switching off or on that is causing your router to lose sync and reconnect .

SHINE, single high intensity noise event

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Have you tried using the test socket to eliminate any problems with internal wiring?

have you checked for line noise by dialling 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Icarus1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

@imjollywrote:

Have you tried using the test socket to eliminate any problems with internal wiring?

have you checked for line noise by dialling 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

The quiet line test is crackly...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

if you have noise on quiet line test and you used the test socket then phone 151 and report a phone fault NOT broadband  get phone line fixed and broadband will improve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings