cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Router with 8 ports

I'm looking at getting bt infinity or plusnet fibre over the next couple of months but as far as I can tell the only routers that are supplied as part of the package are 4-port ones.

Due to the thickness of the walls in my house wi-fi is just not reliable enough, on the best days it runs slowly...on the worst days connection is nigh on impossible.

So I put some cat6 cabling and wireless repeaters in the house which works fine with my current broadband.

However I need to have a 8 port router. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a suitable 8-port router that works with BT Infinity and Plusnet Fibre?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Router with 8 ports

Just use the home hub then an 8 port switch 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The switch is a good idea but I'm struggling with power cables.

As I understand it Infinity requires two boxes, a fibre bridge and the router.

Currently I've just got the ADSL modem plugged into the phone socket. With a bit of shuffling around I can free up a socket but not two.

Hence the need for a single box solution 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

A mutliplug + a switch? 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings