cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Royal mail address/post code correct, BT have wrong address.

OK I did see some older posts where the mods did help. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Moderators step in when things are urgent, they are really busy now, you said in the original post that the change happened several years ago, it's not impacting your service, all you have to do is follow the advice I gave you to contact BT.
You can renew your package, you can have upgrades and downgrades done, engineers will attend if you have a fault and you can cease your service, it's not impacting you.

If your son wants to join BT he can do, the mods can't help him until he is a customer though, no matter what decision you make will result in a new telephone number being assigned.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Ok many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

sorry but am I missing something - are you giving up your connection with the intention of your son taking it over?  if so then that will not happen and your son needs to join BT as a new customer with the correct address which agrees with the royal mail database  your current contract will cease and changing/correcting address will not change that

you just need to be careful in case you are still in a fixed term contract and incur cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Well the intention is for my son to take out his own contract however when I called BT to cancel the present contract the BT advisor, who I must admit was very helpful, when she asked why I was cancelling I explained that my son had taken over ownership of the house and was trying to get all utility bills under his name, simple you would think. The advisor said that should be no problem as she could call my son directly and switch everything over, however it didn't turn out like that, from what I could gather from my son when she accessed the account the Youview box was now 'obsolete' and as they couldn't replace it, she also couldn't upgrade the package due to the 'address' showing broadband was not fast enough, which is **bleep** as it is Fibre 1. So basically the address seems to be the issue.

However we have decided just to let the contract run its course and in the meantime get the address corrected so when my son does try to take out a package at least that issue will be resolved.

However she did manage to get the landline changed to his name.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Has BT said they will raise an ORDI ? this doesn't resolve on its own, it sounds like you spoke with the sales team, they don't have the required access to raise an ORDI or change names on accounts.

@Jimabzwrote:

The advisor said that should be no problem as she could call my son directly and switch everything over, however it didn't turn out like that, from what I could gather from my son when she accessed the account the Youview box was now 'obsolete' and as they couldn't replace it, she also couldn't upgrade the package due to the 'address' showing broadband was not fast enough, which is **bleep** as it is Fibre 1. So basically the address seems to be the issue.

They don't need to access your account, a new account needs created, due to the ORDI issue they won't see your working line, so they won't get accurate broadband results to see what speeds are available or be able to do a working line takeover.

@Jimabzwrote:

However she did manage to get the landline changed to his name.

This is concerning, it's not possible for them to do that, only the billing team can by doing a bereavement change, most likely your son has been added as a 3rd party contact, in which case you're still the account holder.

0 Ratings