cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Rubbish Service

I had Infinity put in yesterday morning, the blokes made a real bodge of the work in the lounge and once they had gone I discovered I had no internet and no phone servcie. Reported the fualt and ended up in India, chased again and again and every time India, no help whatsoever - why the hell do we bother with BT?

I am told there is a problme with the local network - there has been no sign of anyone from open Reach in my village

Have I made a big mistake switching it really feels like it at present

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Rubbish Service

Contact the mods using the link below. It can take up to 3 days for a response.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Dont bother wasting your time.

i am now cancelloing infinity after three months of atrocious service from BT, slow speeds intermittent cut out, customer service levels beyond belief, faiure to turn up for repair visits, incorrect billing, incorrect set up, many emails, hours of calls repeating the same thing to different operators in india. All no help what so ever.

Going back to Orange, never had a single problem in eight years, BT you should be embarassed at your customer servuce deopartment it is a very unfunny joke. BT have agreed a fee free disconnection and cancellation of contract, which i wasnt going to pay for anyway.

Get out while the going is good, i reccomend others check their speed as well, mine was mostly over 20mb under what was promised sometimes over 30mb under, absolute rubbish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 9

Contacting the mods is not a waste of time. They are a small dedicated UK team who have an excellent record at getting problems solved.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

no offence but in three months nobody at BT has helped me
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 9

@shodger wrote:
no offence but in three months nobody at BT has helped me

How many times did you contact the mods here?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

never given the option, india or tech support, technician appointnments with non fibre technicians, email uppon email, phone call upon phone call, patience is depleted, can take no more

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 9

Hi Guys,

Fill out the contact us form located in the about me section of my profile and we will look into these for you.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Mods - we REALLY appreciate the help you give us. So please keep up the good work 🙂

But... how far up the management chain do our real customer comments get? 

I realise frustrated customers arrive here and are critical, and your job is really tough.

I'm at the point of hating the BT logo, the ads on the tele and all those circulars from Warren Buckley.

The offshore chat and phone service is always polite (and sometimes reassuring at the time) but takes far too long and has given me wrong or misleading information or has make mistakes at every contact. The email enquiry to your team seems to be the only way to get a sensible response. 

I am a saddo who has been with BT since the old days but can't face having to contact by chat/phone (that call centre) ever again. I am already looking around at available options so I don't need to renew this contract in the Summer.

0 Ratings