Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawkhand
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: Rubbish reception over Christmas period

Go to solution

I have been having dropouts on vision since early December. I can't see that it can be the aerial as a soft reset cures the problem for a day or two. If it was the aerial the problem would continue immiediatly. BT sent an engineer out, he replaced the aerial lead, but could not explain why a reset should cure the problem. The dropouts came back after 24 hours. I am going to try a complete factory reset today, but that means losing all our recordings, so not prepeared to do that very often. BT are sending an engineer to check the box again next week. I don't hold out much hope of a resolution. Sky here we come, at least they are responsible for the complete system dish and box.

WilfH
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
Hi

You need to deal stinguish if the 'dropouts' are on the normal Freeviee 'Over the Air' (OTA) channels , the Internet delivered channels or indeed both as the causes are likely different in each case.

If it's the OTA channels only the it is most likely an aerial related issue.

If it's the internet delivered channels then the issue may be broadband related causing loss of multicast packets

If it is both then the box itself is almost certainly faulty and needs replaced.
0 Ratings
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

HI

I also had a similar problem, having recently bought into the UHD service.  On the freeview channels, the box insisted on tuning to the weaker signal (in my case South East) for some channels (in fact some multiplexes), even when I selected 'London' as the source.  I got around this by deliberately knocking the signal down (my instant attenuator being a lenght of solid wire as an inner and a brass screw connecting the cases).  I then re tuned and only London was available.  On removing the attenuation, I had full signal channels only

It looks like badly written software in the BT TV box, allowing a weaker channel to be stored instead of the stronger / selected one

nickf99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for this post - it could be badly written sodtware from BT on the other hand it could be a deliberate ploy to give a poor service on Freeview channels in an attempt to boost their own "payin" channels ?? What an idea could I really be accusing BT of duplicity of this sort ?? 

0 Ratings